Caring for a family member who cannot care for him or herself can be very stressful. The Family Caregiver Support Program offers services that can take some of the burden off unpaid caregivers caring for someone age 60 or older. Assistance is also available to seniors age 55 and older who are raising a child, age 18 and younger, who is related to them.
- Information to caregivers about available services;
- Assistance in gaining access to services;
- Individual counseling;
- Support groups;
- Caregiver training to assist caregivers in making decisions and solving problems;
- Respite to enable caregivers to be temporarily relieved of their care giving responsibilities;
- Supplemental services on a limited basis to complement the care provided by caregivers.
- Caregiver Retreats